ANZAC SOLDIER by Luis

Anzac Soldier by Luis


The roaring sound of bullets occupied  my mind, I was paralyzed with fear. Suddenly without warning the Officer called out “Fire your guns!” We all fired like we had never fired before. Then I heard intensely loud screaming, I stopped firing and and stared at what was making the noise. When I turned around I saw a soldier holding his chest, It was bleeding intensely.


Then there was more screaming, Frightened I went back to shooting. All I could think of was my family, Oh what I would give to see them again…


It was now midnight, the firing had not yet stopped. The next day had finally arrived and so we had breakfast.


Breakfast was made out of a microscopic piece of stale bread and some green water. Although it didn't seem like much to us, it was food fit for a king.


I have been called out to the front lines and over sixty of my fellow comrades have already died in less than two minutes and three seconds. I personally don't think I will make it out alive of this war, but my chances are the same as everyone else's.


Today we are finally evacuating this filthy place and  going back to my burnished, glittering amazing house. I am so excited.


After a couple of hours I became seasick (talk about bad luck!) and felt nauseous and then I fainted. It seemed like I had been asleep for an eternity, I realised that I was back home!


I felt like I was dreaming so I asked my nephew to slap my face as hard as he could.


It was confirmed that I wasn't dreaming. After that I suddenly heard something, It was the sound of S.S Annesley, the most famous ship in New Zealand! I went out to see it.  When I saw the boat there was an immensely large sign on it that read - “TROOPS NEEDED FOR WAR IN AFRICA.”

I thought, “Not this time, Not this time.”

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your story with us, Luis. I really enjoyed listening to the story, especially with the sound effects. It made the story come alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting story... Kane said he almost finishes his story too, will see how his one going...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved writing this
    -Luis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8 - PRIZE GIVING WEEK (see attached list of winners)